Friday, October 9, 2009

You have outlived your purpose.

Dear Mother

As a child you took care of me to the best of your abilities. You fed me, clothed me, housed me and imparted to me, your wisdom.
You taught me what You believed was right and condemed what you believed was wrong.
As a little child I listened, of course I did, you were so big in my eyes, you were my mum.
I am now 16, which is not that old, but still old enough to stand on my own, without you and your...wisdom.
In my eyes you are a failure. In my eyes you are pathetic. Small.
You are, all that I would hate to be, and I would do anything not to become you.
I always told you that I would end up better than this family, and you told me 'good'. I already see myself as above them, above you.
Though I may sound conceited I don't care, anyone would be when compared to you.
You revel in obscurity, you blame everyone but yourselves for your failings, for the failings of this world, and for how you failed to raise me to be an unimaginative, xenophobic young woman.
I have my own understanding of what is right and what is not, and I find that it is better than yours.
I do not think being same-sex attracted is evil and wrong.
I do not believe we should give our respect to those that don't deserve it simply because they were born before us, it doesn't make them wiser.
I do not believe woman are lesser than men.
I do not think that being an atheist immediately makes you bad.
I think, that thinking for yourself is important.
I believe, that everything must always be questioned.
I do not need you any longer. You have been outgrown.

I would also like to add that I am not dirty, and you have no right to judge me, you pathetic, sad little thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment